Friday, January 21, 2011

Younger You

So since I finished one of my journals and started this blog, I decided to go back and look at my old journals.

And I was a really bad writer! (it should be noted, I'm still not the best writer to walk the planet) 

The bulk of my journals are 
A) really cheesy, really sappy love poems with little flow or rhyme or beat - these were usually love confessions to guys in my grade most of whom I would grow to realize were not the best guys to date
B) stories about BA girls who find a guy with literally no flaws
C) poems with some rhyme/beat/flow about death and endings 

Well this explains somethings about me at least. I'm still a firm believe in the power of love, be it the love of God, the love of a husband/boyfriend, the love of a child to their parent, the love of a friend or any other form of love. And while I can improve my really sappy poetry, I'm glad I wrote them.

See younger me had a lot of jerks to deal with and not a lot of true friends she felt completely comfortable around. She didn't give up though. While I read those poems and think it's a desperate girl who couldn't get a boyfriend so she made one up (it's worth noting that I still do that...somethings never change :) ) I know that younger me saw it as a way to keep the hope and happiness in her life. Younger me gives me hope for older me because younger me didn't have nearly as many true friends as older me and younger me managed to hold on to hope for a while.

What about you? Does your younger you give you hope or does younger you disgust you?

Stay classy
-Jessie 

No comments:

Post a Comment